How To Apply For Domicile Certificate
- 1.1 What is Domicile Certificate?
- 1.2 Significance of domicile certificate:
- 1.3 Eligibility norms To Apply for the domicile certificate:
- 1.4 Apply For Domicile Certificate Online
Domicile certificate, sounds familiar? Feeling stressed about the acquisition of a domicile certificate or have doubts in mind regarding its existence? Don’t worry! We are here with the reader-friendly blog which will leave no doubts and issues left regarding the topic of domicile certificate.
How To Apply For Domicile Certificate
What is Domicile Certificate?
A domicile certificate, also known as the residence certificate is a required legal document for proving that an individual has a particular residence in a particular state of India. Especially talking about Delhi, the department of revenue, under the Government of NCT is responsible for issuing the domicile certificates among the general public. With the help of a domicile certificate, an individual can claim maximum benefit on the schemes, facilities, and opportunities provided by the government of Delhi to its dear residents.
Significance of domicile certificate:
Many people got confused between the significance of a Migration certificate and a domicile certificate. A domicile certificate is basically used to acquire local preference in a number of situations. It is used to receive reservations which are allotted to you being a resident of Delhi and which are made in educational field such as government job or for various scholarship schemes issued in the interest of residents of Delhi especially. Domicile certificate may be also used as a prerequisite document during various procedures of the bank such as loan proof or address proof for further chores involved at the bank.
Eligibility norms To Apply for the domicile certificate:
Given below are various norms which are a prerequisite while applying for a domicile certificate under the Government of Delhi –
- The applicant must be a resident of Delhi for a minimum of 3 years.
- The applicant must be the whole and sole owner of a property/plot/house/flat in Delhi.
- The applicant’s name should be a part of the voter’s list of Delhi.
- Talking about female applicants, her spouse should be a resident of Delhi already.
- Talking about Juvenile candidates, the parents must be residents of Delhi already.
Prerequisite documents required for domicile certificate:
If you don’t have a domicile certificate, don’t worry! You can easily grab one after performing some simple steps. First, you need to fill an online form and you must be ready with a list of documents mentioned below –
- Affidavit (as prescribed in Annexure-I of the domicile certificate form.)
- Identity Proof (Aadhar card, Voter ID card, Ration Card, etc.)
- Resident Proof (Electricity bill, water bill, telephone bill, etc.)
- A copy of the Birth Certificate.
- Proof of the applicant owning a land.
- Passport size color photograph.
Apply For Domicile Certificate Online
The next step would be to fill the form on the online government portal website.
- Step 1: Open the official web portal of the Delhi government.
- Step 2: click the ‘apply for the certificate online’ button present on the home page of the website.
- Step 3: login the website using your personal user id and password.
- Step 4: click on the ‘apply for services’ tab present on the page.
- Step 5: click on the ‘apply online tab’ present on the page.
- Step 6: click on the ‘apply’ button to finally apply for the domicile certificate, being a citizen of Delhi.
- Step 7: fill in all the details asked in the form and provide all the required documents as well.
- Step 8: click on the ‘submit’ button after verifying all the details that you just filled in the form.
- After completing all these steps, you will receive your domicile certificate after a few days and that too, with the help of a hassle-free procedure that involves no middlemen or extra fees involved.
A Detail Video On How To Apply For Domicile Certificate
The bottom line for this article would be this blog contains all the necessary details and frequently asked questions regarding the topic of domicile certificates and how to apply the domicile certificate especially for the state of Delhi. It can also be used for any other state as there is no difference in the procedure involved for the acquisition of a decent domicile certificate. You can also check what is the migration certificate and its significance at Digi Patrika. After reading this blog there will be no doubts left regarding any sub-topic of the domicile certificate for its existence.