Top 13 SEO Best Practices for 2022: Insights from the Experts
- 1.1 SEO Best Practice #01: Focus on UX
- 1.2 SEO Best Practice #02: Use Internal Linking
- 1.3 SEO Best Practice #03: Focus on entity-based SEO
- 1.4 SEO Best Practice #04: Recreate Blog Posts as Videos
- 1.5 SEO Best Practice #05: Get on Google Discover
- 1.6 SEO Best Practice #06: Update Existing Content
- 1.7 SEO Best Practice #07: Optimize Content for Voice Search
- 1.8 SEO Best Practice #08: Drive Traffic with Long-Tail Keywords
- 1.9 SEO Best Practice #09: Analyze Search Intent
- 1.10 SEO Best Practice #010: Optimize for Technical On-Page SEO
- 1.11 SEO Best Practice #011: Perform Site Audit
- 1.12 SEO Best Practice #012: Run a Content Gap Analysis
- 1.13 SEO Best Practice #013: Monitor Your SEO
- 1.13.1 Conclusion
The hardest part about SEO is its fluidity; it’s constantly changing. What worked in 2021 may not work today, and what works today may not work five years from now. The best SEOs are always on the lookout for new trends and changes in the algorithm so they can adapt their strategies accordingly.
Because 93% of all online experiences begin with a search engine, it’s essential to ensure your website is optimized for SEO. If you want your business website to rank in Google’s search results, you need to focus on SEO best practices and can take help of website visit tool.
Luckily, some best SEO practices are timeless and will always be relevant, no matter how much Google’s algorithm changes. We’ve gathered important insights from some of the top SEO experts to give you an idea of what SEO best practices you should be implementing in 2022.
So, let’s get started.
Top 13 SEO Best Practices To Follow in 2022 and Beyond
SEO Best Practice #01: Focus on UX
The user experience should be at the forefront of all your SEO efforts. Google’s algorithm is designed to give users the best possible experience, so if you’re focused on providing a great user experience, you’re already ahead of the game.
To improve your website’s UX:
- Start by making sure your business website is fast, easy to navigate, and mobile-friendly.
- Take a look at your content and make sure it’s relevant and informative.
- Focus on your website’s design and make sure it’s visually appealing and easy to use.
SEO Best Practice #02: Use Internal Linking
Internal linking is one of the efficient ways to improve your website’s SEO. By linking to other pages on your website, you’re helping Google index your website and improve your ranking in the search results.
There are a few simple and important things to keep in mind when using internal linking:
- First, make sure you’re using keyword-rich anchor text. This will help Google understand your website and improve your SEO.
- Second, don’t overdo it with the links. A few well-placed links will do the trick.
- Finally, make sure the links are relevant to the content on the page. Google may view them as spam and penalize your website if they’re not.
SEO Best Practice #03: Focus on entity-based SEO
Entity-based SEO is a relatively new concept, but it’s quickly gaining traction in the SEO world. It’s based on the idea that Google is moving away from keyword-based SEO and towards entities.
An entity is basically a thing or concept that can be identified and classified. For SEO, entities are things like products, services, locations, people, and events.
To optimize your website for entity-based SEO:
- Start by identifying the entities that are relevant to your business.
- Create pages on your website that are dedicated to those entities.
- Include all the necessary information about each entity, such as reviews, photos, and videos.
SEO Best Practice #04: Recreate Blog Posts as Videos
Video is one of the most powerful SEO tools you have at your disposal. Videos are more engaging than text, and they’re more likely to be shared on social media.
To take advantage of the SEO benefits of video, start by creating a video version of your most popular blog posts. Then, optimize your videos for SEO by including keywords in the title and description and adding transcripts and closed captions.
SEO Best Practice #05: Get on Google Discover
Google Discover is a relatively new SEO tool, but it’s one that you should be taking advantage of and includes in the SEO best practices list for your website in 2022.
There are a few major things you need to do to get your website on Google Discover:
- First, make sure your website is fast and mobile-friendly.
- Second, create content that’s interesting and informative.
- And third, optimize your website for SEO.
With those three things in mind, you should have no problem getting your website on Google Discover and driving traffic to your website.
SEO Best Practice #06: Update Existing Content
The next best SEO practice on our list is to update your existing content. As time goes on, your content will become outdated and no longer relevant.
To keep your content fresh, you need to regularly update it with new information. It can be as easy as adding a new paragraph or two to an existing blog post or completely rewriting an outdated article.
There are a few vital things to keep in mind when updating your content:
- First, make sure the new information is relevant and accurate.
- Second, don’t forget to update the publish date. It will help Google understand that your content is fresh and up-to-date.
- And finally, don’t forget to promote your updated content. Share it on social media and send an email blast to your subscribers.
SEO Best Practice #07: Optimize Content for Voice Search
Voice search is undoubtedly one of the biggest SEO trends right now, and it’s only going to become more prevalent in the coming years.
To optimize your content for voice search, start by using long-tail keywords. These are the phrases that people are more likely to use when speaking on a voice search device.
Another important SEO thing to keep in mind is that people speak differently than they type. When writing your content, use natural language and avoid using industry jargon.
Finally, ensure your website is set up for SEO success by using structured data. It will help Google understand your content and make it more likely to appear in voice search results.
SEO Best Practice #08: Drive Traffic with Long-Tail Keywords
Most SEO advice focuses on short, broad keywords. However, if you want to drive traffic to your website, you must focus on long-tail keywords.
Long-tail keywords are more specific plus less competitive than short, broad ones. You’re more likely to rank for a long-tail keyword than a short, broad keyword.
There are a few major things to keep in mind when using long-tail keywords:
- Find the right balance between specificity and competition.
- Use keyword research tools to find long-tail keywords relevant to your business.
- And finally, don’t forget to use these keywords throughout your website, including your title tags, meta descriptions, and header tags.
SEO Best Practice #09: Analyze Search Intent
When people search for something on the internet, they have a specific goal. This is called search intent.
As a business, it’s important to know what type of search intent your customers have when they’re searching for your products or services. There are generally four main types of search intent:
- Navigational: The user is looking for a specific website.
- Informational: The user is looking for information on a topic.
- Transactional: The user is looking to buy something.
- Commercial: The user is looking for a specific product or service.
To do this, you can use Google’s Search Console. It allows you to see the average search intent for the keywords people use to find your website.
SEO Best Practice #010: Optimize for Technical On-Page SEO
Technical on-page is one of the most essential best SEO practices, but it’s also one of the most overlooked.
Technical on-page SEO refers to everything you can do on your website to make it more SEO friendly. This includes optimizing your title tags, meta descriptions, and header tags.
It also includes technical aspects like site speed and mobile-friendliness.
To optimize your website for technical on-page SEO, start using a tool like Google’s PageSpeed Insights. This tool will identify areas where your website needs improvement.
There are a few major things to keep a note always when optimizing for technical on-page SEO:
- Use keyword-rich titles and descriptions.
- Use header tags to structure your content.
- Optimize your images with keywords.
- Use alt text to describe your images.
- Improve your site speed.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
SEO Best Practice #011: Perform Site Audit
A site audit is an important best practice for SEO, but it’s often overlooked. A site audit is auditing your website to identify SEO issues. This includes broken links, duplicate content, and errors in your robots.txt file. It can help you identify SEO problems to fix them and improve your website’s ranking.
To perform a site audit, you can use Screaming Frog SEO Spider. This tool will crawl your website and identify SEO issues. Better, if you hire online marketing experts for your SEO, they will do it for you in a detailed manner.
SEO Best Practice #012: Run a Content Gap Analysis
A content gap analysis identifies the content that your competitors have that you don’t.
This is important because it can help you identify opportunities to create new content that will help you rank on Google.
To run a content gap analysis, you can use SEO Moz. This tool will crawl your website and your competitor’s websites to identify content gaps. Once you’ve identified the content gaps, you can create new content to fill those gaps and improve your SEO.
SEO Best Practice #013: Monitor Your SEO
Monitoring your SEO is one of the most essential best practices for SEO. The reason being is that SEO is an ever-changing landscape, so it’s important to keep up with the latest trends.
But it’s also essential to monitor your SEO regularly to ensure that your efforts are paying off.
There are a few different ways to monitor your SEO:
- Use Google Analytics to track your website traffic.
- Use Google Search Console to track your website’s SEO performance.
- Use a tool like Moz to track your keyword rankings.
- Use a tool like BuzzSumo to track your content’s social shares.
These tools will help you track your SEO progress and identify areas for improvement.
Read Also: Why SEO Still Matters For Your Entire Digital Marketing Strategy
SEO is an ever-changing landscape, but there are a few best practices SEO that you can follow to stay ahead of the game. In this blog post, we’ve shared 10+ SEO best practices for 2022. These best SEO practices will help you improve your SEO and rank higher on Google.
If you implement these SEO best practices, you’ll be well to SEO success. For better guidance, you can also hire SEO experts in India. They can be an excellent asset for your SEO journey and help you achieve your SEO goals.