Three Quick Fixes for QuickBooks Error 6000
No matter if you’re backing up, restoring, or opening your company file QuickBooks error 6000 83 may appear. It is common to believe that the 6000 series errors appear only when you open your company file. However, error 6000 83 could affect all operations. We have discussed the most common issues that can cause QuickBooks company file errors and the best solutions to fix them. For complete troubleshooting information, if you’re also facing the same issue as the one above, please read this article.
What can trigger error code 6000 83 in QuickBooks
The cause of Quickbooks error code 6000 83 in QuickBooks depends on the specific action that caused it. This is a list listing all possible causes of error 6000 83 in QuickBooks.
- The QuickBooks company file folder, where the company file is stored, has become corrupt.
- You may have used special characters or symbols when changing the company file name.
- You can move the company file to another folder or save it on an external storage device.
Once you have identified the causes, you can quickly determine what to do to fix the problem. If you still need to know the details, please refer to the next section.
Quickly Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 83
Solution 1: Copy the company file to a new folder
- Name the QuickBooks Test Folder a new folder on your desktop.
- Copy the original company file to the QuickBooks installation directory.
- Copy the file to the folder you created on your desktop.
- Start QuickBooks and open the company file in the new folder.
- If the file opens with no errors, it means that the QuickBooks installation directory contains a damaged company file folder.
- If the error persists, try the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 2: Removing special characters, spaces, and symbols from the company file name
- Right-click on the company file and go to the company folder.
- Choose the option that says Rename.
- You can remove any special characters, spaces, or symbols from the file’s name.
- Save your changes and then try again to access the company file.
Solution 3: Open the company file from the local storage of your computer
- Connect the external storage device to which you saved the company file.
- Copy the company file to the desktop by opening the external drive of your computer.
- Start QuickBooks and navigate to the company file you saved on your desktop.
- The issue has been resolved if there is no error when opening the company file. You can then move the company file to the company folder.
Your error will be fixed if we use all the methods possible to fix it. You can now use your backup file to replace error 6000 83. If you are unable to stop using your local file, we recommend that you rename the file.