Falcon Northwest Tiki (2023) Review: Unmatched Power in a Petite Package
- 1 Falcon Northwest Tiki (2023) Specs
- 1.1 Impeccably Engineered for Peak Performance
- 1.2 Elite-Level Productivity and Gaming Performance
- 1.3 Pros and Cons
- 2 Conclusion
- 3 FAQs
Ten years ago, Falcon Northwest unveiled the Tiki, a tiny form factor personal computer that sought to fit high-quality components into the tiniest casing imaginable. Ten years later, the Tiki remains committed to its original goal of being the most powerful compact gaming PC. However, how can a container designed for older gear withstand the growing power requirements of contemporary components? Starting at $3,418 and packing an incredible amount of power into its diminutive 11.6-litre aluminium frame, the latest iteration of this boutique desktop towers above the competition – both figuratively and by delivering big-tower performance in one of the smallest chassis on the market.
Falcon Northwest Tiki (2023) Specs
|AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
|Boot Drive Type
|Boot Drive Capacity (as Tested)
|Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080
|Windows 11 Pro
Impeccably Engineered for Peak Performance
- Housing high-end desktop components in a petite frame is no easy feat from an engineering perspective. Yet the Tiki makes it look effortless thanks to Falcon Northwest’s meticulous craftsmanship and thermal design. Strategically placed perforations in the rigid aluminium case provide airflow while keeping noise to a minimum.
- Internally, cables are precisely tied off and routed to optimize every bit of space within the 13 x 4 x 13.5-inch frame. The 120mm Asetek liquid cooler for the CPU sits conveniently attached to the removable side panel, with thermal paste spread to cover the water block base for maximum heat transfer perfectly.
- With a beefy 1KW SilverStone SFX-L power supply specially designed for small builds. Between the near-silent cooling fans and thoughtful component layout, temperatures inside stay low enough for sustained performance thanks to the over 65 pounds per square foot of pressure the chassis places on the CPU cooler.
Elite-Level Productivity and Gaming Performance
- Packing elite-tier silicon like AMD’s lighting-fast Ryzen 9 7950X3D chip and Nvidia’s flagship RTX 4080 graphics card means the spunky Tiki has performance that punches high above its weight class. In both real-world and simulated benchmarks, this compact powerhouse competes head-to-head with — and even bests — giant mid and full-sized towers.
- In processor-intensive workflows, the Tiki proved impressively capable. It achieved a score of 9,925 in PCMark 10 Productivity, reflecting exceptional performance across office productivity, videoconferencing, web browsing, and more. CPU-specific tests like Handbrake video encoding (38fps) and Cinebench rendering (29,576) show the kind of heavy lifting this petite performer can manage.
- Gaming is where the Tiki indeed spreads its wings, thanks to the combination of AMD’s speedy Ryzen chip and Nvidia’s latest Ada Lovelace RTX 4080 graphics. In synthetic gaming simulations like 3DMark TimeSpy, it achieved a score of 23,913 – beating much larger machines. And in actual gameplay, it delivered buttery smooth 280+ fps in F1 2021 at 1080p and cleared 100 fps in gruelling 4K games like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- For creative professionals, students, hardcore gamers, and small space dwellers, the spunky might of the Tiki lets it stand tall against traditional desktop behemoths. The one tradeoff its miniaturized size necessitates is somewhat limited storage and expansion capability compared to a full tower. But for sheer speed in a petite package, few can come close to matching this portable powerhouse.
Pros and Cons
|Big-tower performance in a compact case
|Only ultra-high-end configurations are available
|Immaculate build quality
|Excellent warranty and service
In the world of high-performance prebuilt systems, few can compete with the 2023 Falcon Northwest Tiki. This petite powerhouse sets a new bar for small-form-factor gaming desktops. With uncompromising speed, peerless polish, and artisan-grade engineering, it proves phenomenal power can indeed come in small packages. Gamers, creatives, and performance purists seeking maximum performance in a minimum footprint will find this premium desktop delivers impeccably.
How easy is it to upgrade the Tiki?
While compact, the Tiki does enable some user upgrades. There are two empty M.2 SSD slots and a single 2.5-inch drive bay for storage additions or swaps. Memory and graphics cards can also be upgraded, though the tight spaces require proper components and skill.
Does the small size cause thermal throttling under load?
No. Innovative engineering like the beefy SFX power supply, negative air pressure design, copper CPU block, and thermal paste application mean components stay excellent for sustained performance, even when gaming or rendering.
Can I customize the graphics card, CPU, and other components?
Yes. Falcon Northwest allows selecting individual components from a menu when ordering, so you can tailor Tiki to have the exact CPU, GPU, RAM, drives, and more that you want.
How long is the warranty, and what kind of support is included?
All Falcons come standard with a 3-year warranty that covers parts and labour. The first year also includes overnight shipping for service. Knowledgeable U.S.-based tech support experts are available by phone if any issue arises.
Does the Tiki’s performance justify the high price?
Given its unique compact size paired with elite-tier components and artisan build quality, the Tiki competes well on price against rivals. With care and regular component refresh, a Tiki can last for many years, making the upfront investment more accessible to justify severe gamers or creators.