Brother MFC-J6955DW: THe Multi-Tasker Printer To Cater To All Your Needs
- 1 Specifications of Brother MFC-J6955DW Printer
- 1.1 Excellent Printing:
- 1.2 Quick printing:
- 1.3 Large sheet capacity:
- 1.4 Swift copying:
- 1.5 Great connectivity:
- 1.6 How to set up Brother MFC-J6955DW Printer?
- 1.6.1 Step 1: Unpacking the printer:
- 1.6.2 Step 2: Install the Brother MFP Printer Connect Software
- 1.6.3 Step 3: Set Up the Network Connection’s Configuration
- 1.6.4 Step 4: Printing a test image
- 1.7 Pros & Cons of Brother MFC-J6955DW Printer
- 1.8 Should you buy the Brother MFC-J6955DW Printer?
- 2 Verdict of Brother MFC-J6955DW Printer
- 3 FAQs
- 3.1 1- Can Brother MFC-J6955DW printer print two sides of the pages at once?
- 3.2 2- What is the print speed of Brother MFC-J6955DW?
- 3.3 3- Can I print documents from my smartphone & tablets through Brother MFC-J6955DW?
- 3.4 4- How many colors of ink cartridges does Brother MFC-J6955DW have?
- 3.5 5- From where can I buy the Ink Cartridges?
The Brother MFC-J6955DW is an all-in-one inkjet printer that can revolutionize your workflow by increasing productivity and streamlining tasks. Savour superior print quality that meets your various printing needs with crisp text and vibrant colors. Utilize the printer’s blazingly quick speeds of up to 27 ppm in color and 35 ppm in black and white to ensure efficiency in even the most demanding settings. Hands-free scanning and copying of multi-page documents is made possible by the integrated 50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
Specifications of Brother MFC-J6955DW Printer
|3.5 inches (Color Touchscreen)
|30 pages per minute
|Wi-Fi Speed, Ethernet
|Size of the paper
The Brother MFC-J6955DW yields crisp and vividly colored printouts that feature clear lines of text. Its inbuilt Brother’s INKvestment ink cartridges deliver lasting prints and are not prone to clogging like traditional inkjets.
This MFC-J6955DW Brother printer has fast printing speeds ranging from 35 ppm BP/W and 27 ppm C. Besides that, it has a fast duplex print speed of 15 ppm which is best suited for multi-page printing.
Large sheet capacity:
The Brother MFC-J6955DW comes with a huge paper capacity whereby its main paper tray has a capacity of 250 sheets. The other is a tray for A3-size paper that keeps up to one hundred of the sheets apart. There is a manual feed slot for thicker paper/envelope prints.
Also Read- Lexmark Mb3442i – A Laser All-In-One Printer
The machine has a print speed of 30 pages per minute on both sides. It also uses 1200 x 4800 optic dots per inch resolution on a document up to A3 size and can print up to 700 copies in black. There is also a re-sizing and re-duction section which is useful in the process of scaling down smaller copies of documents.
The Brother MFC-J6955DW comes with several options for connectivity which include Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and USB. Remote printing also includes the support for mobile printing from smartphones and tablets.
How to set up Brother MFC-J6955DW Printer?
Step 1: Unpacking the printer:
- Start by unpacking your printer & removing all the important materials
- Then connect your printer to your wifi network or USB port
Step 2: Install the Brother MFP Printer Connect Software
- Once you are done turning on the printer, insert the software CD into your PC
- Click on the “Start.exe” file on the CD-ROM drive.
- Then follow the directions that appear on the screen.
- Complete the installation after choosing the connection method & follow the instructions.
Step 3: Set Up the Network Connection’s Configuration
- The printer will detect the network settings
- Later, the installation wizard will walk you through setting up a Wi-Fi connection and connecting the printer to your network.
- When prompted, enter the password and SSID (name) of your network.
Step 4: Printing a test image
- On your PC, open the document you wish to print.
- Out of the file menu, choose “Print”.
- From the list of available printers, select the Brother MFC-J6955DW printer.
- Then select the print option to print
Pros & Cons of Brother MFC-J6955DW Printer
|The pictures will be printed in high quality, making them clear with bright colors.
|Even though the printer has multiple features, it is quite bulky & difficult to carry
|Print speeds of up to 35 ppm in monochrome and 27 ppm in color.
|The printer needs a large space, as it is quite difficult to move this printer around
|The main paper tray can contain as many as 250 sheets of regular and the larger size paper tray can accommodate 100 pages of A3 size.
|The printer needs expensive ink cartridges
|Scanning and copying without hands.
|Compared to other printers, and other laser printers, the text print of this printer’s documents can be substandard
|Both sides of the document can be scanned
|The printer has a preexisting fax feature
|This printer can be connected to USB & Wi-Fi
|You can also print documents from your phone, smartphones & tablets
Should you buy the Brother MFC-J6955DW Printer?
The Brother MFC-J955DW is a fabulous printer, as it multi-tasks and also provides quality printouts. The connectivity is great and the sheet holding capacity is also great. The printer is an all-in-one printer that is quick, scans two sides of pages, and is efficient for your workplace. However, it is not portable, heavy to carry, and can occupy some space as well.
Therefore, you should buy this printer for your small workplaces, however, considering its bulky size, it would occupy a large room in your office.
Verdict of Brother MFC-J6955DW Printer
For printing and scanning at up to tabloid size, the MFC-J6955DW provides a good balance of print speed and paper handling, along with sufficient output quality for the majority of business requirements. But don’t forget to take into account the other printers that are listed here. In case you require printing at tabloid size without requiring to scan anything bigger than legal size, the MFC-J5855DW, which is physically smaller, might be a better option for a small office due to its reduced size. However, it also has a smaller paper capacity and is comparatively bulky.
1- Can Brother MFC-J6955DW printer print two sides of the pages at once?
Yes, the Brother MFC-J6955DW printer can print two sides of the pages at once efficiently and therefore, is the most preferred choice for most workplaces.
2- What is the print speed of Brother MFC-J6955DW?
The Brother MFC-J6955DW can print up to 37 pages per minute in black & white & 27 pages per minute in color.
3- Can I print documents from my smartphone & tablets through Brother MFC-J6955DW?
Yes, you can print documents from your smartphones & tablets through Brother MFC-J6955DW.
4- How many colors of ink cartridges does Brother MFC-J6955DW have?
The Brother MFC-J6955DW has ink cartridges in 4 colors, Black, Cyan, Magenta & Yellow
5- From where can I buy the Ink Cartridges?
I can buy the ink cartridges from the official site of Brother MFC-J6955DW.